Etruscan Romanic tour
TUSCANIA KM 45 » Etruscan Necropolis, Museum. Churches of St. Peter and S.Maria Maggiore, both Romanic churches
VULCI KM 68 » Etruscan Museum with bronzes and vases
TARQUINIA KM 70 » Etruscan Necropolis, Etruscan Museum (Palazzo Vitelleschi), Romanic churches
ORVIETO KM 30 » Etruscan Necropolis “Crocifisso del Tufo”, Museum of the Cathedrak
LUGNANO IN TEVERINA KM 8 » Collegiate Church S. Maria Assunta
ROME KM 75
CASCIA KM 100 » Sanctuary dedicated to St. Rita
ASSISI KM 110 » St. Francis, St. Chiara, and St. Damiano Churches, Hermitage “delle Carceri”, The Porziuncola Chapel in S. Maria degli Angeli.
ORVIETO KM 28 » Cathedral, Palace del Capitano, St. Patrick’s well.
BOLSENA KM 40 » Collegiate church formed by four adjoining churches around the central one dedicated to St. Christine, with the altar of Corpus Domini.
VITERBO KM 25 » Sanctuary of St. Rosa, Papal Palace, Sanctuary of Santuario Madonna della Quercia
ROME KM 75
BOMARZO KM 4 » The Monsters’ park belonging to the Orsini family. The park is full of big stone sculptures looking like monsters (drakes, ogres, elephants…), dating back to the late Renaissance.
BAGNAIA KM 20 » Villa Lante: once belonging to the Cardinal De Gambera, is typical for its fountains, terraces and beautiful gardens.
CAPRAROLA KM 45 » Villa Farnese, a majestic palace with mannerist frescoes.
VITERBO KM 25 » The Popes’ palace, the medieval quarter of St. Pellegrino, artistic fountains, churches and cloisters from different times.
ORVIETO KM 28 » Cathedral, St. Patrick’s well, The palace Del capitano, medieval quarters, museums.
TODI KM 65 » Cathedral, palace del capitano, Church of St. Fortunato
PERUGIA KM 100 » Cathedral, communal palace and palace dei priori, palace del capitano del popolo, the notaries’ college, the exchange college, the fortress Rocca Paolina, the seminary, Donnini Palace, Morlacchi theatre, the government’s palace, The national art gallery of Umbria, museum of the cathedral.
SPOLETO KM 65 » Cathedral ( S. Maria Assunta), Albornoz fortress, the tower bridge, communal towers, oil tower, Palace della Signoria, churches of St. Nicolò and St. Dominic.
LUGNANO IN TEVERINA KM 8 » Collegiate church S. Maria Assunta
AMELIA KM 18 » Cathedral, polygonal city walls.
Archaeological e Nature tours
TERNI KM 40 » Marmore waterfalls
LAGO DI PIEDILUCO KM 60 » Lake
CARSULAE KM 50 » Old Roman town
AVIGLIANO UMBRO KM 35 » fossil wood of Dunarobba
ALVIANO KM 16 » Nature reserve inside the Tiber river park managed by WWF
ORVIETO KM 28 » Orvieto underground: interesting guided tours under the city, a place full of tunnels and passages dating back to the Etruscan (later medieval) time.
CIVITA DI BAGNOREGIO KM 45 » The town cannot be reached by car, it is also known as “the dying town”. An old village on a hill, corroded by time and earthquakes, it is almost inhabited.
BOLSENA KM 40 » The lake: the largest volcanic lake in Europe
FERENTO KM 35 » Roman theatre
VITERBO KM 25 » Warm and sulphur waters in the thermal area, around the spring called Bulicame
1. Attigliano – Siena (Km 145) – San Gimignano (Km 40) – Attigliano ( Km 185) » TOT km 370
2. Attigliano – Pienza (Km 110) – S. Quirico d’Orcia (Km 10) – Montalcino (Km 20) – Attigliano (Km 120) » TOT km 260
3. Attigliano – Cortona (Km 135) – Lago Trasimeno (Km 14,5) – Attigliano (Km 104) » TOT km 254.5
4. Attigliano – Orvieto (Km 30) – Todi (Km 36) – Deruta (Km 15) – Attigliano (Km81) » TOT km 162
5. Attigliano—Perugia (Km 100) – Assisi (Km 15) – S.Maria degli Angeli (Km 6) – Attigliano (Km 120) » TOT km 248
6. Attigliano – Spoleto (Km 65) – Fonti del Clitunno – (Km 12) – Foligno (Km 18) – Spello (Km 8) – Attigliano (Km 103) » TOT km 206
7. Attigliano – Norcia (Km 110) – Cascia (Km 20) – Attigliano (Km 130) » TOT km 260
8. Attigliano – Narni (Km 23) – Cascata delle Marmore ( Km 18) – Lago di Piediluco (Km 8) – Attigliano (km 60) » TOT km 109
9. Attigliano – Bolsena (Km 55) – Civita di Bagnoregio (Km 13) – Orvieto (km 20) – Attigliano (Km 30) » TOT km 118
10. Attigliano – Tarquinia (Km 70) – Vulci (km 30) – Tuscania (Km 33) – Attigliano (Km 45) » TOT km 178
11. Attigliano – Bagnaia (Km 22) – Caprarola (Km 20) – Viterbo (Km 20) – Attigliano (Km 24) » TOT km 86
Lugnano in Teverina » typical medieval village, with a wonderful church (12th century), known as “Collegiata di Santa Maria Assunta“, a very good example of Romanic art.
Amelia and Narni » ancient towns rich of history and artworks; in Amelia you can see the imposing polygonal city walls, Roman water tanks, as well as the famous Germanico bronze statue; he was Tiberius’ nephew and an important roman leader of troops. In Narni you can see the world famous Augustus’ bridge, the medieval Palace dei Priori, the town hall (Also known as del podestà) and the Albornoz fortress built in 1374. Narni underground is worth seeing too: the roman water tanks, some beautiful chapels with frescoes and the Inquisition’s prisons.
Orvieto » world famous town for its Etruscan origins, its Cathedral is the best example of gothic architecture in Umbria: it was built on account of the Pope Urbano IV after the miracle at Bolsena; it is the seat of the holy relic. Worth seeing are also: St. Patrick’s well, the Papal palace (today seat of the archaeological museum), the churches of St. Giovenale and St. Andrea, the public palace.
The Bolsena lake, with its homonymous town (where the miracle of Corpus Domini took place) with St. Christine’s church.
Not far from Orvieto you’ll find Civita di Bagnoregio, also known as “the dying town” because of its few inhabitants; it is a very interesting example of unique old urban architecture, lying on a clay slope.